Nutrition management for patients with obesity and metabolic syndrome
Starts on To
210 SREstimated Price
Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
22 continuing medical education hours
Obesity is a chronic disease, and its prevalence has increased like an epidemic during the past four decades around the world. The number of obese people reaches half a billion people (body mass index BMI ≥ 30 kg / m2), which is equivalent to 42.8% of those in middle age. Obesity is a disease Multiple factors increase the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, or even cancer. Therefore, we bring you in this section about the most important developments in metabolism and obesity disorders.
- Explain the basics and types of nutritional supplements.
- Identify the basics concepts of nutritional management
- Clarify the nutritional system for different diseases and food resources for each one
- Recognize the proper nutritional system for the most common disease and how to apply it.
- Illustrate the diet system and nutritional supplements for the different categories (pregnant, obesity...etc )
- Identify the types of food allergies, their causes, and how to build a proper diet program for each one.
- Illustrate the common metabolic disorders and diseases from a nutritional aspect and the proper approach for each one.
- Describe how to calculate carbohydrates and built a good program for the specific patient (Kidney disease, DM...etc)
- Explain how to provide a consultation and education session with the patient in the clinic.
- Explain the relationship of food to mood and stress
- Learn about the different types of diets
By the end of this event, the participants will be able to:
- Recognize the basics of nutrition and metabolic syndrome and disorders
- Identify how to use proper management approach from nutritional aspect for different disease and disorders
- Illustrate the proper way to educate the patient in the clinic depending on the disease or disorders
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Respiratory Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Service
- Emergency Medical Services
- Health Informatics
- Health Education
- Public and Community Health
- Medical Education
- Healthcare & Hospitals
Samiah Atallah Kokandi
Dr. Ammar Tonkal
Heba Abdulkarim Sanousi
General Dietitian, Registered