Nutrition management for patients with obesity and metabolic syndrome
Starts on To
210 SREstimated Price
Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
22 continuing medical education hours
The scientific committee observed there is a lack of knowledge among care providers about nutrition management for the patient suffering from obesity and metabolic disorders as follows:
- Shortage of knowledge about the basics of clinical nutrition
- Mixation about the relationship between diet and diseases in the different body systems.
- Poor awareness of establishing diet and nutritional supplement programs
- Deficit knowledge about the causes of the allergy from a nutritional aspect.
- Weakness in patient education about nutrition in the clinic.
- Explain the basics and types of nutritional supplements.
- Identify the basics concepts of nutritional management
- Clarify the nutritional system for different diseases and food resources for each one
- Recognize the proper nutritional system for the most common disease and how to apply it.
- Illustrate the diet system and nutritional supplements for the different categories (pregnant, obesity...etc )
- Identify the types of food allergies, their causes, and how to build a proper diet program for each one.
- Illustrate the common metabolic disorders and diseases from a nutritional aspect and the proper approach for each one.
- Describe how to calculate carbohydrates and built a good program for the specific patient (Kidney disease, DM...etc)
- Explain how to provide a consultation and education session with the patient in the clinic.
By the end of this event, the participants will be able to:
- Recognize the basics of nutrition and metabolic syndrome and disorders
- Identify how to use proper management approach from nutritional aspect for different disease and disorders
- Illustrate the proper way to educate the patient in the clinic depending on the disease or disorders
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Respiratory Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Service
- Emergency Medical Services
- Health Informatics
- Health Education
- Public and Community Health
- Medical Education
- Healthcare & Hospitals
Samiah Atallah Kokandi
Dr. Ammar Tonkal
Heba Abdulkarim Sanousi
General Dietitian, Registered