Infectious patients isolation precautions and medical waste management in health care settings
52 SREstimated Price
Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
6 continuing medical education hours
- Define infectious patient isolation precautions and explain their importance in preventing the spread of infections in healthcare settings.
- Identify the different types of isolation precautions, such as contact, droplet, and airborne precautions, and understand the specific circumstances in which they should be implemented.
- Explain the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in different isolation precautions.
- Describe the steps involved in implementing isolation precautions.
- Explain the types of medical waste and how to deal with it and contaminated materials safely
- Introduction to Infectious Patient Isolation Precautions:
- Airborne precautions: diseases and control measures
- Monitoring and Surveillance:
- Types and classification of medical waste
- Storage and Handling and transportation of Medical Waste :
- Safety measures for handling medical waste
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols
- Safe handling and disposal of contaminated materials
Upon completion of this module, learners will be able to Recognize and apply the principles of infectious patient isolation precautions in healthcare settings, including defining and differentiating between types of precautions, appropriate use of personal protective equipment, implementation steps, and safe handling of medical waste and contaminated materials.
All professions Medicals
Marwa Salah Ahmed Osman