Genomic Insights from DNA to Data Analysis
Starts on To
180 SREstimated Price
Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
15 continuing medical education hours
The scientific committee decided to conduct this event to fill the gap among participants which was a shortage of knowledge about Genomic Insights as follows: - Shortage of knowledge about the flow of information from DNA to RNA to protein in the cell and how transcription - Deficit information about polymorphisms in Mendelian and complex disorders and how linking to disease processes - Weak awareness of fundamentals of the genomic principles and diagnostic genetic testing - Lack of knowledge about the importance of standards in the clinical bioinformatics - Poor awareness of capturing information on genomic sequences and related theories.
- Discuss the flow of information from DNA to RNA to protein in the cell.
- Describe the transcription of DNA to mRNA and the protein synthesis process.
- Clarify the role of polymorphisms in Mendelian and complex disorders and give examples of polymorphisms involved in genetic disease.
- Explain fundamental genomic principles, including the scope and aims of genomics and its development.
- Describe the biological background to diagnostic genetic testing and clinical genetics, and the role of bioinformatics.
- Clarify and justify the importance of standards, best practice guidelines, and standard operating procedures: how they are developed, improved, and applied to clinical bioinformatics.
- Explain and give examples of the theory of sequence analysis and the use of genome analysis tools.
- Explain fundamental bioinformatics principles, including the scope and aims of bioinformatics and its development.
- Illustrate resources linking polymorphism to disease processes
- Describe appropriate bioinformatics databases capturing information on genomic sequences.
By the end of this event, the learners will be able to: Recognize the important information about Genomic Insights from different aspects and capture information on genomic sequences depending on the proper scientific approach.
- Laboratory Science
- Medical Technology
Medical Genetics - Molecular Genetics