The Science Behind Forensic Science
0 SREstimated Price
Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
2 continuing medical education hours
The scientific committee found there is a gap and shortage of knowledge among participants about forensic medicine as follows:
- Limited awareness of the diverse disciplines within forensic science and how forensic scientists contribute to criminal investigations.
- Lack of knowledge about the best practices for managing a crime scene effectively, including the initial assessment, securing evidence, and maintaining evidence integrity.
- Poor understanding of the classification of different types of forensic evidence, recognizing its significance in solving crimes, and following proper evidence handling protocols.
- Identify the various disciplines within forensic science and the pivotal role forensic scientists play in aiding criminal investigations.
- Describe the effective management of a crime scene, including initial assessment, securing evidence, and maintaining evidence integrity.
- Classify different types of forensic evidence, understand its importance in solving crimes, and adhere to proper evidence handling protocols.
- Identify and analyze biological evidence (e.g., blood, hair, DNA) and appreciate its crucial role in forensic investigations.
- Clarify chemical evidence, employ relevant analysis methods, and understand how chemical evidence contributes to solving criminal cases.
- Illustrate how to gain the expertise to prepare, present, and defend forensic evidence in a courtroom setting, including understanding the role of forensic experts as witnesses and navigating legal procedures and challenges.
- Introduction to Forensic Science and The Crime Scene
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Forensic evidence
- Forensic biology
- Forensic chemistry
- Evidence and cases presentation to court
By the end of this event, the Participants will be able to:
Describing the comprehensive grasp of forensic science, including its diverse disciplines and the crucial contributions of forensic scientists to criminal investigations.They will develop effective crime scene management skills, from initial assessment to evidence preservation, and understand the classification and significance of forensic evidence while adhering to proper handling protocols.
- Forensic Medicine
- Forensic Dentistry
- Forensic Technician
Kholoud sami ghalib alsowayigh