The role of Therapist in Addiction
155 SREstimated Price
Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
3 continuing medical education hours
The scientific committee found there is a learning gap among attendees about addiction therapy as follows: Learning Gaps:
- Lack of knowledge about comprehending addiction characteristics and accurately applying diagnostic criteria as per guidelines.
- Shortage of information about the factors contributing to addiction and identifying common addictive substances.
- Deficit in understanding how to create psychological treatment programs for addiction, including stages, and recognizing the importance of family therapy as a foundational element in addiction treatment.
- Identify and comprehend the characteristics of addiction and effectively apply diagnostic criteria as per the guidelines in the diagnostic manual for accurate identification.
- Explaining the factors contributing to addiction and identifying common addictive substances to facilitate comprehensive knowledge of addictive behaviors.
- Describe how to create psychological treatment programs for addiction, including the stages involved, and recognize the significance of family therapy as a foundational element in the treatment of addiction.
- Addiction and its characteristics
- Diagnosis of addiction according to the Diagnostic Manual
- Factors driving addiction
- The effect of some common addictive substances
- Psychological treatment programs for addiction and its stages
- Group psychotherapy
- Family and dealing with addiction
- Foundations of family therapy and its importance in treating addiction
By the end of this event, the learners will be able to:
Recognize how to diagnose addiction by applying diagnostic criteria accurately, demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of addictive behaviors, identify contributing factors, and common addictive substances, and effectively create psychological treatment programs for addiction, incorporating the stages involved while recognizing the foundational role of family therapy in addiction treatment.
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Social Service
- Emergency Medical Services
- Health Informatics
- Health Education
- Public and Community Health
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Medical Education
- Cardiac Perfusion
- Healthcare & Hospitals
Dr M. Ayman. M .Ereksoussi