Osteoarthritis updated Model for Management
166 SREstimated Price
Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
6 continuing medical education hours
The scientific committee found there is a learning gap among participants about osteoarthritis as follows:
- Deficit in the ability to identify reliable sources of evidence-based knowledge and to possess a contemporary understanding of osteoarthritis, including its causes, progression, and management based on current medical knowledge and research.
- Shortage of clarity on the proper approach to osteoarthritis, encompassing diagnosis, assessment, and the evaluation and implementation of suitable management options in the specified context.
- Deficit in the ability to describe the principles of managing the osteoarthritis , as well as in addressing behavioral change and psychological factors that influence OA management.
- Identify the sourcing evidence-based knowledge and possess a contemporary understanding of osteoarthritis, including its causes, progression, and management within the framework of current medical knowledge and research.
- Clarify the proper approach to osteoarthritis( diagnosis and assessment, as well as evaluating and implementing appropriate management options for the specified context).
- Describe the core principles for effectively managing osteoarthritis, while exploring the role of behavioral change and psychological factors in the treatment and coping strategies associated with this condition.
- Sources of Evidence-Based knowledge
- Modern Understanding of osteoarthritis
- Management options
- Principles for Managing Osteoarthritis
- Behavioral change and psychological factors
By the end of this event, the learners will be able to:
Recognize how to acquire comprehensive knowledge to source evidence-based information, understand the multifaceted aspects of osteoarthritis, and apply a contemporary approach to diagnosis, assessment, and management options. Additionally, demonstrate proficiency in implementing core principles for managing osteoarthritis, while recognizing and integrating behavioral and psychological factors into treatment strategies and coping mechanisms
- Occupational Therapy
Dr. Khalid Mohammed Yaseen